My Little Monkeys!

Here goes!

I always thought blogging was something meant for over achievers (something that I try really hard NOT to be) and horn tooters... (Sorry fellow bloggers, but I changed the errors of my way, right?) I figured if someone wanted to know what me and mine were doing, they'd be close enough to me for me to tell them personally instead of "publishing", "twittering", or "facebooking" it. But, I like to write and don't do enough of it. I also spend a lot of time at the computer. So, I thought I'd marry the two and call it some form of a journal. I have a fair amount of Mommy guilt too for not recording enough about my little people's rapidly passing younger years... so here goes!



Thursday, November 4, 2010

This Just In... A Little Late.

Wow. It's already November. Two months have flown by, and I've kind of just let them. I've been allowing myself to adjust to lots of changes, so my expectations honestly haven't been real high. Survival has been my goal. In June I excepted a new challenge to be Early Morning Seminary teacher. That means, that through the school year, I get up at the butt crack and teach teenagers lessons from the scriptures, M-F from 6:20 AM to 7:10 AM. The first couple weeks were a bit rough while I tried to figure out the logistics and responsibilities of the calling and my family's needs from me as a wife and mom. With 2 months in, I feel like I can breathe and actually update this blog. Jared and the kids are super supportive and bare the burden with me. Jared actually now is my assistant and teaches at least once a week for me, sometimes more. He's so, so helpful. Now that my excuse for not updating is out of the way, on to business.



Oakley started Kindergarten and loves it. The transition for him was much anticipated and caused me much angst, but HE DID IT and quickly jumped in the swing. I'm so proud of him. Often he does not handle changes and separation so gracefully, but he honestly couldn't have done a better job. It helped a ton that his teacher is Mrs. Crotts, who was both Jake and Garen's teacher as well. She is wonderful. We are thankful for her!

Both of these pics were from orientation. It was so fun to take my little man to see his classroom for the first time and help him get excited for his big boy experience. It's so funny to think think about some of the things we moms end up cheering for. I don't want this phase of motherhood to end. I love cheering for these babies and hugging them, squeezing their round cheeks. I am not prepared for them to get taller, mouthier and less huggier.


Dang, that is one handsome kid.


And here are my pictures of the first day of school. Oh, wait. These aren't pictures of my children getting on the bus. These are pictures of the VIRGINIA TECH/BOISE STATE GAME! Why am I showing you these? Um, because on the first day of school. My dad, hubby and first born went to the game in DC and TOOK MY CAMERA WITH THEM. Luckily my mom had left her camera at my house days before, so I at least have some shots, but mom hasn't emailed them to me hence no school pics here. Dad took Jared to the game for his birthday and Jacob got to miss the first day of school and go too. The picture above sums up the game... a nail biting experience, that unfortunately ended in us losing. They had fun though.

My handsome Jakie. I must say it was hard to not have him at home the last day before school started that first morning of school. I felt like the glue that sticks all my kids together was missing.



And, we got a little bored.



Wish I could have been there. I'm not a big football fan but going to a game is so much fun and with all the Tech fans around here, it's fun to be a part of it.



My dad loves Tech football. He and Jared are football buds. I love that my dad and my husband are so close. My dad would hang the moon for Jared. And Jared can tolerate my dad better than any of his own children can. My dad is the most generous man alive. I have not bought a pack of diapers or wipes in years because every Saturday, in his jaunts to Wally World, he gets them for me. I adore him. He spoils me. But he is also CRAZY and can drive a non-drinker to thoughts of consumption. Jared, however, is patient and long suffering when Dad's short cuts become long cuts or when his Mr. Fixit projects spiral out of control, tying him up for hours on end.


GO HOKIES!!!




During fire safety study at school they made fire engines like these. We talked about fire safety at home too and made these for our treat after Family Home Evening.


Garen is a real crack up. He and Jared both thought it was a hoot that this was the gift to: Dad, from: Garen. I love that kid. Look at the twinkle in those eyes. (Garen, I mean.) ☺

Random pic before school.



Oakley got a trampoline for his birthday. McKay LOVES it and really loves jumping with Oakley. McKay adores all his brothers, but he pretty much wants to be Oakley when he grows up. The other day I was changing Mack's diaper and I asked him, "Who loves you?" I expected him to say, like he usually does, "Mommy lu-me." But instead he said, "My Oaky lu-me!" It's true. He does. They are real buds.



See? Told ya.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you have survived the first two months of madness! I think about you everyday! We need a getaway:) Your babies are growing up and soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always so fun to get a glimpse into your life. I laughed out loud about your camera going to the football game on the first day of school. Thats football fans for ya. ;)

    ReplyDelete